Basil Pesto Chicken
Delicious and easy to make, this Basil Pesto Chicken is an absolute winner for a mid-week spring meal. It’s also great to reheat for lunch or dinner the next day.
Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for basil pesto chicken
- 200g dried fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 cup cream
- shaved parmesan, to serve
- basil leaves, to serve
Method for basil pesto chicken
- Cook fettuccine according to the packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until brown.
- Add pesto, cream, salt and pepper to frying pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for five minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to pesto mixture.
- Toss over low heat until well combined.
- Transfer to serving bowls.
- Top with parmesan and basil.
- Serve warm.